Rely on the leading Washington D.C. Auto transport company on the road.
Are you moving to Washington D.C.? If so, aside from hiring a residential moving company, you should start looking for auto transport experts as well, in order to relocate your vehicle.
The possibility of living in a big city such as Washington D.C. without a personal car is always debatable. In addition to this, you should keep in mind that driving such lost distances is tedious and even dangerous. For that reason, hiring a reliable car shipping company is crucial for your smooth relocation. USA Auto Transport is a team of professionals experienced in the field of car shipping between any two places in the country.
Are you unsure about whether you really need a car in Washington D.C.? If so, you should probably get acquainted with the city’s transportation system. In order to make that task easier for you, we at USA Auto Transport have put together a short guide to getting around Washington D.C., both with and without a personal vehicle.
How Do I Get Around Washington D.C.?
The main form of transportation for residents of Washington D.C. who do not own a vehicle is mass transit. This includes both rail and buses. The railway system of America’s capital is comprised of four different networks:
– Washington Metro – operated by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), the Metro serves the whole Metropolitan Area.
– DC Streetcar – a single-line network that runs through the city’s northeast area;
– Commuter Rail – provided by MARC, it connects Union Station to Baltimore and Perryville;
– Amtrak – an interstate rail network system that provides service from Washington D.C. to other major cities, such as Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City, Boston, Vermont, New Orleans, Chicago, and many more.
The bus system in Washington D.C. consists of several networks as well. These include:
– Metrobus – operated by Metro, the Metrobus consists of almost 200 lines serving both the inner city and the inner ring of suburban areas;
– Tripper Bus – a privately-owned commuter bus connects the Washington suburbs to New York City;
– Washington Deluxe – an independent express bus line that connects Washington D.C. to cities in the state of New York;
– DC Circulator – a downtown bus system that has five routes, connecting several places of interest in the city center;
– Intercity bus lines – provided by several companies, such as Greyhound Lines, Peter Pan Bus Lines, and other;
– University buses – designed to transport students to and from their colleges;
In addition to public transit, Washington D.C. has a network of around 45 miles of bicycle lanes. However, less than 10 per cent of the city’s residents cycle to work.
Why Do I Need a Car in Washington D.C.?
Technically, living in Washington D.C. without a car is quite feasible. This does not apply only to the downtown, as in many other metropoles around the country, but to the inner suburban circle as well. However, there are still some things you should keep in mind if you are planning to live here without a car:
– The public transit system does not service the greater suburban area.
– A large portion of public transit vehicles is not pet friendly.
– Many forms of public transportation do not operate after midnight.
– The rush hour in in buses and trains is borderline unbearable.
– You will want to have a vehicle once you experience D.C. winters.
In addition to this, even though Washington D.C. is a huge city, with its organized grid pattern streets and a developed freeway network, driving around is fairly easy. Don’t believe us? Click here and see for yourself.
Open vs. Enclosed Trailer
USA Auto Transport will make sure that everything goes smooth as silk with your car’s move. Your choice of car haulers include:
Open trailers are the most common choice when it comes to auto transport. This method is cost effective, you will be able to get faster pickup times and you can transport more vehicles at once.
Enclosed Trailer is a premium method which offers special transport when moving an expensive, exotic, racing, classic or irreplaceable cars. These types of cars need a little more care, that’s why only the most experienced drivers will be assigned to handle this move.
By listing or updating my cellular phone information, I authorize USA AUTO TRANSPORT to call or send SMS text messages using an automatic telephone dialing system or prerecorded message to my cell phone number to provide account information and services related to my long distance move. Additionally, I authorize USA AUTO TRANSPORT to follow up in order to assist me with payment reminders and provide me with opportunities to provide feedback regarding customer service. If I do not want to receive calls or SMS text messages, I can unsubscribe by sending an email to [email protected] with the subject line “STOP Transaction Calls” or by calling a customer service representative at (818) 296-9162. Receipt of cellular phone calls and text messages may be subject to service provider charges.