If you are thinking about shipping your car, you might wonder what is open carrier auto transport and is it a good way to ship your vehicle? Open-air shipping is the most common and the most affordable auto transportation method involving a trailer that can carry up to ten vehicles at once.
USA Auto Transport is a car shipping company that prides itself in providing the customers with a variety of services. Not only that we use a wide range of carriers, we also offer an enclosed auto transport option which gives complete protection to your car. Our auto transport company also offers door-to-door and terminal-to-terminal delivery. Meaning you can pick the way your car is delivered based on your schedule and your needs. Don’t hesitate to give us a call, get a free quote, and book a shipping service.
What Is Open Car Shipping?
Open car shipping is the most affordable and the most popular method of hauling vehicles. These carriers don’t have a roof or sidewall protection, meaning that your machine will be exposed to outside elements during the entire trip. However, don’t be put off by the fact that rain, sun, snow, dust can come in contact with your four-wheeler. USA Auto Transport is a company that takes excellent care of its cargo. Our well-trained and experienced professional drivers will make sure that delivery reaches the desired location safely and on time.
With this type of delivery, cars are strapped and packed in the trucks to reduce mobility and vibrations caused by the moving. USA Auto Transport uses multi-hauler carriers with double or triple levels that can carry up to ten vehicles to their desired destinations. Meaning that if you have more than one vehicle that needs shipping, open trailers are the best choice.
Advantages of Open Carrier Auto Transport
Carriers without cover protection are the most common and the most affordable way to move a car. This is increasing the competition among companies, leading them to offer the best possible services at lower prices. However, the price is not the only thing you should consider. That’s why by hiring USA Auto Transport, you can count on a professional, experienced and trustworthy company that will make the process of car shipping effortless.
Door-to-Door and Terminal-to-Terminal Shipping
USA Auto Transport has been in the business for a while, and we know that every customer has different needs, that’s why we offer two pickup and delivery options. You have a choice between door-to-door and terminal-to-terminal delivery.
If you have a time-sensitive schedule, you should choose door-to-door delivery, but the terminal-to-terminal is the right choice if you want to save some money.
- Door-to-Door – this delivery entails having your car picked up from a specific location of your choice and delivered to the desired destination.
- Terminal-to-Terminal – if you have more time on your hands, you can choose terminal-to-terminal service. Our company offers this option to more flexible customers, the ones that are willing to make an effort of picking up their car from the designed place.
Open Carrier vs. Enclosed Ones – Which One Should You Choose?
Picking between these two types of service is a choice you need to make. Have in mind there is no right or wrong answer. Our company provides both services to its customers.
Cover-free trucks are more budget-friendly. So if your funds are limited this is the option for you. This type of transportation gives more visibility. Therefore our drivers can check up the cargo throughout the trip.
However, if you want to get the best possible protection for your machine, you should go for the enclosed option. Our enclosed carriers will protect your automobile against any weather conditions. This type is used if you want to move a luxury, very fragile, or valuable four-wheelers. Due to supply and demand and the specific equipment used, the enclosed method is more expensive.
When you decide to ship your vehicle, you might not know which trailer to choose. Don’t hesitate to give us a call, and our agents will gladly help you make an educated decision.
What Is the Cost of Open Carrier Auto Transport?
When choosing the right shipping method, the question of money always comes to mind. However, our transport services don’t have a fixed price for each specific situation. Many factors are affecting the final quote.
- The size and weight – carriers can haul a limited number of cars, but that also means there is a limit to the load. The heavier the cargo, the more expensive the shipping will be.
- Time of year – The peak for this type of service is in the summer, so the prices tend to be higher between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- Distance – labor costs, tolls, fuel charges also affect the final quote. The farther your machine needs to travel, the bigger the price you will have to pay.
- The make and model – the vehicles that need more protection cost more The length – Aside from the make and model the length of the machine can also affect the price. Smaller vehicles allow more room in the truck, so movers can also ship many others with it.
If you want to know the exact price of our services you should give us a call. Our pleasant customer relations specialists will be more than happy to answer all of your questions.
Is Vehicle Insurance Necessary?
Statistic says that approximately 1 out of 20 vehicles sustain some damage during the move. Not having any insurance means that if you find any damage after the delivery, you will have to pay for the repair yourself. Have in mind that mending could be pricey, depending on the extent of the damage. So if you want to avoid additional costs, make sure you have insurance. Luckily, USA Auto Transport is a fully licensed, bonded and insured company with insurance coverage up to one million dollars.
What is the Best Time to Ship Your Vehicle
There is no right or wrong time to move. But it is strongly advisable to relocate your machine in the middle of the month. Usually, there is a high demand by the end and at the beginning of the month that boosts prices. People also consider summer as the best season of the year to move, while winter is the cheapest due to lower demand.
But if you are planning on using an open trailer, try to avoid extreme weather conditions. Whatever you decide, you can rest assured that our highly trained staff will look after your car no matter when it is being hauled.
How to Know When an Auto Is Ready?
We advice that you properly prepare your machine for the move. Here is what you need to do before you send off your car:
- Wash it – while doing so you can check for already existing damage, this is important, especially when using an exposed shipper truck
- Clean it inside – during the move your machine may be jostled a bit so that cleaning will prevent things being tossed around.
- Check for leaks and pressure – not having your tires properly inflated could be increasing the risk of damage to the tire.
- Disable any alarm systems in the car
Request a Quote Today – Get Ready to Ship
After getting to know all about the benefits of open as well as enclosed car shipping, you are ready to relocate your car. Give a call to USA Auto Transport! One of our customer agents will happily answer any of your questions. We are here to provide you with any additional information you might need. Remember, you can always ask for a free quote and have an idea of how much our services will cost you. We can also provide an estimate via chat, email, or phone.